Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Vegetation type data of CESM2 in CMIP6

Naive

Lang Yiwen
When analyzing terrestrial carbon flux variables such as GPP output by CESM2 in CMIP6, it is hoped that relevant vegetation type data can be used as reference.

However, after consulting relevant papers, I found that there was no specific map of vegetation type input, only data and method introduction about land use.

Therefore, I would like to ask how the vegetation type part of CESM2 is handled in CMIP6?

strandwg

Staff member
When analyzing terrestrial carbon flux variables such as GPP output by CESM2 in CMIP6, it is hoped that relevant vegetation type data can be used as reference.

However, after consulting relevant papers, I found that there was no specific map of vegetation type input, only data and method introduction about land use.

Therefore, I would like to ask how the vegetation type part of CESM2 is handled in CMIP6?

I've moved this to the land model subforum; can you be more specific as to which CMIP6 experiment(s) you're examining?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I imagine @strandwg would be able to provide you the case directory for the specific CMIP6 experiment you are examining. This would point you to the CLM input datasets that contain vegetation type information. There should also be CMIP6 output variables that were reported by CESM for each experiment. fracLut for example would provide you with the percentages of landunits (e.g., natural vegetation, crop, lake, etc.) that are within each gridcell.

strandwg

Staff member
Thank you very much! The experiments I'm working on are historical and hist-aer.

I've attached the CASEROOT for one each of a historical and hist-aer experiments.

Attachments

• b.e21.BHIST.f09_g17.CMIP6-historical.001.caseroot.tar.gz
    174.6 KB · Views: 1
  • b.e21.B1850cmip6.f09_g17.DAMIP-hist-aer.001.tar.gz
    152.8 KB · Views: 1