Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Missing CTSM input data on repository

dquaker

Christiana Funmilola Olusegun
Dear all,
Dear @oleson,

This file /inputdata/lnd/clm2/rawdata/pftcftdynharv.0.25x0.25.SSP2-4.5.simyr2015-2100.c20220305/mksrf_landuse_ctsm52_SSP2RCP45_2021.c220305.nc is requested for surface data creation but I am unable to find it at the data repository. Could you please provide me with information on where to find this data?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't think the ctsm52 datasets are publicly available or even finalized yet. What are you using that would require those?

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Christiana

This is currently experimental data, that we aren't ready to archive yet. We are working on updating the surface dataset raw data, and this is part of that. But, we aren't sure it's correct yet. So it won't be available until we are further down the process.

Technically you can use the preliminary version on cheyenne, if you have access there...

dquaker

Christiana Funmilola Olusegun
Hi @oleson and @erik,

I was simply trying to generate the surface datasets using mksurfdata_esmf capabilities for wrf-ctsm simulation over my wrf domain. See attached generated namelist by the program. Is there any other preferred option? Also I do not have access to Cheyenne.
git describe:alpha-ctsm5.2.mksrf.12_ctsm5.1.dev111

Attachments

• surfdata.namelist.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 1