Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About Daily Forced Input Data

lucia

luyaohuang
Hello everyone, I would like to simulate the carbon flux of future climate scenarios now, but my input data is daily forcing. As far as I know, the CLM model requires 3-hour scale meteorological input data, and how should i set the input to simulate correctly. For example, how to set my meteorological forcing data and how to set any other modifications such as datm in, so that I can use daily forcing data for simulation

lucia

luyaohuang
Hello, I input daily-scale atmospheric forcing data through settings, but an error was reported during operation. The error message was ERROR: Longwave down sent from the atmosphere model is negative or zero. What is the reason for this? The following are related document

tintalgo is linear

slevis

I'm afraid I do not know the cause of the error. In my experience, I am more likely to make successful changes to the default model by making small changes one at-a-time. In your case for example, after confirming that the default model runs without error, I might have changed the default DATM inputs to daily. If that worked, then I could replace the daily data with my alternate dataset, probably one field at-a-time to be on the safe side. These are just suggestions that may eventually lead you to the cause of the error that you are seeing.