Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Typical WACCM runtime?

krd020

Hello,

I recently ported CESM to a new machine, and did a successful first run of B1850 with res=f19_g17. On my machine the basic 5 day run took ~25 minutes to complete.

I am now trying to do a basic WACCM run as described at 1: Control case: running with chemistry — CESM Tutorial (compset=FWHIST, res=f09_f09_mg17).
I was able to create, build, setup, and submit the case without issue. I did not change anything regarding the length of the run so it is only 5 days long. The code has now been running for 18 hours... Do WACCM runs normally take such a long time? I find it strange that the FWHIST run would take substantially longer than the B1850 run but I am also relatively new to modelling. The code is running on 64 CPUS.

Thanks for any help!
Kimberlee

Attachments

• version.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 2
  • config_machines.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
  • config_compilers.txt
    906 bytes · Views: 3
  • config_batch.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 0