Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

error in running a user-defined compset

yishui4577

Tingting Ma
Hi, I am a new user of CESM2.2.0. I would like to investigate atmospheric response to the change of snow depth, in which air-sea interactions should be involved. As a result, I am running CESM2.2.0-0-G332937b with a new user-defined component set. I use the command “create_newcase --case dlnd_wallclock --compset 1850_CAM60_DLND%SCPL_CICE_POP2%ECO_MOSART_CISM2%EVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BDRD --res f09_g17 --run-unsupported” to create a new case. After case.setup has been called, I added a line in user_nl_cpl by using the command “echo “histaux_l2x1yrg=.true.”>>user_nl_cpl”. Some changes are also made in env_run.xml via xmlchange. They are as follows:

STOP_OPTION=nyears,STOP_N=30,REST_OPTION=nyears,REST_N=10, DLND_CPLHIST_DIR=$DIN_LOC_ROOT/lnd/dlnd7/CPLHIST_SNO/20.I1850Clm50Sp.f09_g17.001_c180502,DLND_CPLHIST_CASE=i.e20.I1850Clm50Sp.f09_g17.001,DLND_CPLHIST_YR_START=0001,
DLND_CPLHIST_YR_END=0030,RUN_STARTDATE=0001-01-01,DLND_CPLHIST_YR_ALIGN=0001-01-01,NCPL_BASE_PERIOD=day,
ATM_NCPL=48,LND_NCPL=48,ICE_NCPL=48,OCN_NCPL=24,GLC_NCPL=1,ROF_NCPL=8,WAV_NCPL=48

However, the model stopped just after I submit the case. Some error information could be found in the cesm.log file. But I have no idea how to deal with it. Meanwhile, it is welcome to give some suggestions on the experiment design. Thanks in advance.

I am running the model on a new machine, on which B1850 and T1850G cases can be running successfully. Intel-compiler-2017.5.239 is used here. Please find all log files attached.

Attachments

• config_xml_files.tar.gz
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • log_files.tar.gz
    221.3 KB · Views: 2

katec

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi, So I'm going to move this to a better forum for DLnd issues because I think that is where your error is ultimately coming from. There are a lot of errors in your cesm.log! I think these are the most pertinent:

MCT::m_AttrVect::Copy_MCTERROR: Input aV and output aV do not have the same size
MCT::m_AttrVect::Copy_: MCTERROR: Input aV and output aV do not have the same size error, stat =2
000.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from MCT::m_AttrVect::Copy_()

So, you have some input and output through the coupler that are sizes that the coupler doesn't expect or like. This is likely due to input coupler DLND history files that are not the correct resolution for your case.