Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CAM5 stopped at initialization with shr_sys_getenv error

Hi, all, I was trying to use CESM1.2.2 to run a test with T31_g37 resolution (B1850cam5CN) since CESM2 is too computational expensive for paleosimulation. However, CAM5 stopped at initialization stage with following error:

(shr_sys_getenv) ERROR: no implementation of getenv for this architecture
(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: (shr_sys_getenv) no implementation of getenv for this machine
(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping

when reading cesm_inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart/ub/clim_p_trop.nc

Is this error related to MPI or something else? Thanks very much.

Or otherwise, should I use CESM2 (which has been successfully ported to my cluster) with user defined but nonscientific tested low resolution ?

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This looks like an issue with the cesm1.2.2 port to your cluster. The OS isn't being recognized as one that supports getenv.

The Paleoclimate forum can answer your question about using CESM2 at a lower resolution.

Chris

Zhengjy

Zhengjy
Hello, I have encountered the same problem as you. Can you tell me where to change Linux to LINUX? Thank you very much,